Sunday, August 1, 2010

Swiss Swirl Ice Cream Cake...a little late.




The July 2010 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Sunita of Sunita’s world – life and food. Sunita challenged everyone to make an ice-cream filled Swiss roll that’s then used to make a bombe with hot fudge. Her recipe is based on an ice cream cake recipe from Taste of Home.



I've been super busy this month and haven't had the time to work on the challenge until this weekend. I was rushed in making it, so it looks pretty sloppy but it tastes amazing I really enjoyed making the ice creams, but had troubles while rolling up the cakes. Both of my cakes cracked in numerous places so the filling oozed out of the cakes. But other than that I had no other problems with the recipes or assembly of the cake.

Also I'm super sorry for the terrible pictures. My camera died on me and I didn't have time to charge it so these were taken with my computer.

1 comment:

  1. I had problems rolling the cakes too! Once I over-baked them, and the second time I under-baked them. :)

    ReplyDelete